TO VIEW YOUR ELECTION BALLOT before coming to the poll - go to WisVote website. Search your ballot by address for each election. Click on Search My ballot - enter your address - and there it is! This is the website if you want to copy and paste into your browser (or click the link below)
VOTER ID REQUIREMENT IS BACK
You must have with you:
- Wisconsin Drivers License or State Issued ID card; or
- Military ID or a Veteran ID card; or Passport
2019 Election Dates for TOWN OF WRIGHTSTOWN
- Spring Election is April 2, 2019
- Polls Hours are always 7:00 am.. to 8:00 p.m.
- Voting for Town of Wrightstown residents is at 1527 Day Street, Greenleaf WI
THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY BOARD HAS DETERMINED THAT ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUESTS FOR REGISTERED ELECTORS MAY BE MADE BY EMAILING THE TOWN CLERK BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE THE PROPER VOTER ID as noted above. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
ON ELECTION DAY ALL VOTERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
1 - SHOW YOUR VALID PHOTO ID AS NOTED ABOVE
2 - STATE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
3 - SIGN THE POLL BOOK before you are issued a ballot
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT - CHANGED FROM 10 to 28 DAYS - Electors that have moved within Wisconsin less than 10 days before the election must vote from their previous address. They may vote at the polling place for their previous address, or by absentee ballot in the municipality of their previous address.
Voters must provide proof of residence if they are:
- First-time registrants in Wisconsin, and they are registering by mail.
- Registering in the clerk’s office during the “Closed Registration” period less than 20 days before the election.
- Registering at the polls on Election Day.
All proof of residence documents must include the voter’s current address.
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver license or identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A university, college, or technical college identification card (must include photo) ONLY if the voter provides a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk.
- A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day. Electronic statements may be used only if printed.
- Bank statement. Electronic statements may be used only if printed.
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
- An affidavit on public or private social service agency letterhead identifying a homeless voter and describing the individual’s residence for voting purposes.
- Residential lease. (Not valid if registering by mail.)
ABSENTEE VOTING REQUIREMENTS
Regular absentee voters requesting a ballot by mail must be a registered voter and must sign their request. INDIVIDUAL email requests are acceptable. You must send a copy of your valid photo ID used for voting - as noted above. If you are not registered in the Town of Wrightstown, you must register prior to requesting an absentee ballot. All requests must be received by Thursday 5 p.m. prior to election.
In-person voters in the clerk’s office must show their photo ID to the clerk or staff. The staff member will initial the absentee envelope to indicate the voter provided proof of ID. In-person absentee voters must always show theirID, even if they have already provided a copy of their ID to the municipal clerk.
Absentee voting closes at 5:00 p.m. on the Sunday prior to Election Day.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Donna Martzahl, Town Clerk at (920) 609-7927 or email me at email@example.com
Forms should be mailed to Donna Martzahl, Town Clerk, P O Box 175, Greeneaf, WI 54126.
Access Voter District information on the Internet @ http://myvote.wi.gov/